Here’s the ultimate guide to buying a home in 2016.
Step 1 – Get Prepared To Buy a Home
Before buying a home you first have to get prepared for your home purchase by doing the following:
- Check your credit score by purchasing your 3-in-1 credit report. This step is important because it can take time to dispute and have inaccurate information corrected or removed from your credit report.
- Get your financial documents in order including your paycheck stubs, bank statements and documentation of other investment accounts.
- Provide proper documentation of income including financial gifts from family members or friends. This step is vital because lenders want to make sure that you have the ability to repay your mortgage loan.
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage loan.
Step 2 – Know What You’re Searching For In A Home
What type of home do you want to buy? Determine the type of home you want to purchase by asking yourself the following information:
- How many bedrooms / bathrooms?
- Are amenities like a clubhouse, pool and tennis court important?
- What school district do you want to be in?
- Are there shops, stores and restaurants within a walkable distance of your home?
Step 3 – Search for a Realtor®
Search for Real Estate agent to help you buy a Southern California home.
Before hiring just any Realtor® make sure you ask yourself the following questions:
- How many years have they been working in Real Estate?
- Do they specialize in Southern California?
- Is there feedback online from their previous clients?
- Are they working only in Real Estate?
- Do they work with a team?
Contact Fred Sed Realty
To get started with searching for a Southern California home contact Fred Sed Realty today by connecting with us through our website or by calling (800) 322-4643