The 2013 Real Estate Market is still hot, and isn’t showing any signs of slowing down, even as mortgage interest rates continue to rise but, in spite of it being a sellers-market right now, many homeowners are still asking the question: if I sell my home, will it sell?
Why it’s Time for You to Sell NOW
Thanks to recent, Real estate statistics we know that the median home price across Orange County is $540,000 and this is actually up about 25% from the same time last year. This is especially true in the lower end of the market for homes and condos under $400,000 which are helping to drive the market upwards.
In the last 81 days home prices have actually showed strong growth and they show no sign of slowing down, even as we get closer to August which is the traditional informal end of the buying season. There is still a demand for homes across Orange County and more home buyers who have been prequalified for mortgages are submitting offers on homes just as quickly as they are listed.
What do these statistics mean to you, the seller? If you list your home within the coming weeks you can take advantage of rising home values, and the possibility of multiple offers on your home, so you can enjoy the benefits of the 2013 Real Estate market.
Find an Experienced Orange County Realtor
Now that you know why it’s a good idea to sell your home, now it’s important to know what to look for in a Realtor. An experienced Realtor will mean the difference between selling your home quickly and having it stay on the Real Estate market longer than expected.
• Communication – The Realtor that you choose should communicate with you regularly, return your phone calls in a timely manner, answer your questions, and offer you great advice to help you improve the value of your home and sell it for more money.
• Experience – Your Realtor should have more than five years of verifiable experience and not be afraid to list customer testimonials on their website or give you the phone numbers to past clients that they’ve helped.
• Respect – One of the most important traits that your Realtor should have is Respect for all of your wishes and desires. A lack of respect will only result in a strained relationship between you and your Realtor and this may not only result in more problems between you two, but also in the homes you are shown. Many Realtors know each other, and if a Realtor is not well respected, the chances of some buyers agents advising their clients to look at your home may be reduced.
• Marketing – All Realtors should have detailed marketing plans for the homes that they are selling, and your Realtor should be no different. Make sure that your listing agent has their marketing plan ready. before they list your home in this Real Estate market. A good listing plan can mean the difference between an offer within a day and a month, so make sure they have a detailed plan to sell your home.
• Results – Last of all but most important, your Realtor must get you results. If your home isn’t getting the exposure or interest from buyers that you want then it’s time to talk with your Realtor to evaluate their marketing plan and determine if lack of results is time to sever ties with them or to come up with another plan to sell your home.
For more great tips on selling your home, or to view the latest Orange County homes for sale, contact us today by calling (949) 272-0125.